Letter from Chairman
Thank you for your interest in investing in Parallax (OTCQB: PRLX). We are committed to maximizing shareholder value and providing a challenging and rewarding environment for our employees. We look forward to speaking with the investment community regularly and invite you to contact investor relations should you require additional information or have questions.
We believe that strong corporate governance is essential to our long-term success, and guide practices with customers, partners and shareholders. These guidelines are consistent with those set forth by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the NASDAQ Stock Market. Parallax is committed to respect for the interests of our shareholders and employees, transparency and responsibility in all decision-making, efficient cooperation between our executive team and Board of Directors.
- Audit Committee Charter
- Compensation Committee Charter
- Charter of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee
Compounding Pharmacy Market Trends
According to the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufactures of America (PhRMA), about 3.6 billion prescription are dispensed in the United States each year. The US Pharmacopeia Convention estimates that 30.0 million to 40.0 million of those prescriptions are compounded medications.
The demand for compounded pharmaceuticals is forecasted to grow approximately 5.1% for the next several years primarily driven by the following key growth drivers:
- Rise of number of physician visits
- Rise of number of pets
Fertility Market Trends
The U.S. fertility market is estimated to be between $3 to 4 billion, comprising of fertility medications and assisted reproductive technology ("ART") services.
- The fertility pharmaceutical sector, estimated to be $1.5 billion in the U.S., primarily consists of drugs that induce ovulation.
- ART services include fertility treatments involving the handling eggs and sperm. This segment is estimated to be ~$1.7 to 2.5 billion. ART services include fertility medication, intrauterine insemination ("IUI"), reproductive surgery (e.g. fallopian tube obstruction, varicocele repair), and surrogacy, with in-vitro fertilization ("IVF") being the most popular.
- The demand for fertility services and drugs is forecasted to grow approximately 4% for the next several years primarily driven by the following key growth drivers:
- Aging and Infertility
- Increasing Prevalence of Obesity
- Cultural Shifts
Point-Of-Care Diagnostic Market Trends
Hundreds of tests once considered too complex for POC are now routinely performed outside the laboratory. It is estimated that the professional global in vitro diagnostic (IVD) testing market was valued at approximately $62 billion in 2015 and that the professional POCT market sub-segment was valued at $12.91 billion in 2015, or the equivalent of 19.4% of the global IVD market.
Glucose testing remains the leading point of care testing global segment. Other rapid cardiac markers are growing rapidly, and will continue to grow at a rate larger than central lab testing, powered by continuing trends for adoption and use of these platforms across disciplines, notably cardiac markers, coagulation and infectious disease.
The demand for Point-of-Care Diagnostic is forecasted to grow approximately 9.3% for the next several years primarily driven by the following key growth drivers:
- Increase in Older Population & Chronic Disease
- Advances in Technology
- Laboratory Staff Shortages
- Decentralized Laboratory Testing
On what exchange is Parallax's stock listed? What is the ticker symbol?
Parallax is traded on the OTC Pink under the ticker symbol PRLX.
Who is the Company's Attorney?
The attorney the Company is: Peter V. Hogan at Clark & Trevithick. The address is 800 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Who is the Company's Auditor?
The auditor for the Company is: Mike Goldberg, CPA at Freedman & Goldberg CPAs PC. The address is 31150 Northwestern Hwy, Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Who is the Company's Transfer Agent?
The transfer agent for our common stock is: Action Stock Transfer. The address is 2469 E. Fort Union Blvd., Suite 214, Salt Lake City, UT 84121.
What is the company's fiscal year?
Parallax operates on a calendar year from January 1 - December 31.
Will Parallax pay a cash dividend on its common stock?
We intend to retain all available funds and any future earnings for use in the operation of our business and do not anticipate paying any cash dividends in the foreseeable future.